Here is my gift to you - Getting Sonic Stage to work with the W52S!!
BONUS - Works with Duogate AND MICRO SD!!!
Wow. I finally figured this whole deal out. (I am sketchy on a few parts, but I took the 'do it all, because some of them are important, and the others wont hurt' approach.)
This one will be a lengthy/complex procedure so lets get everything together:
1: you need your W52S CD. If you do not have it, please message me and I will email or post the particular package you need.
2: Phone, Cradle, and USB cable (naturally)
3: Duogate OR MicroSD card installed.
Ok, here we go:
1: Download and install Sonic Stage from: http://sonicstage.connect.com/SS-US.zip
(unzip, run the install file. follow directions.. easy)
2: Insert your W52S CD.
3: Explore to: CD:\utility_softwares\SonicStage_CP
4: You will find a single EXE file here. DO NOT RUN THIS FILE! It will simply report back that it cannot install on a non-Japanese OS.
Instead you need to do the following:
- Right Click on the file and choose Extract files. You will then be able to make a folder somewhere to extract the files to. I reccomend Either a new folder on your desktop, or a new folder in the root of your C drive.
- Find the folder you extracted to. I called it C:\SSinstall. Inside you will find several sub folders. Go to C:\SSinstall\Common\OpenMG.
- Run Is_setup.exe and follow the directions.
- If you have not already installed the USB driver, go to C:\SSinstall\Device\Driver\W52S and do so. (You might want to do it just in case, as it may only now make Sonic Stage aware of the device.)
If you get this far, and it works, please let me know. If not, then continue exploring the folder you made. You will find SEVERAL install packages. I went through and hit them all, just in case.
I hope this works out for everyone and you can enjoy using SS and dump your crappy AMP intall!
A quick review of the projects checklist: (all of these are without AMP, and on MicoSD cards)
- Convert and upload/watch video (full length movies in widescreen, using Image Converter 2) - check
- Download photos and video from camera - check
- Upload PDF files and view them - check
- Convert and upload photos (using Image Converter 2) - check
- Convert and upload music with Sonic Stage - check
- Upload and run games and third party applications - still to do
- Offer support for MAC (I dont have access to one, and wouldn't know where to start. Sorry to all you MAC users) - still to do
- Write user guides for GPS functions - still to do
- Write user guides for EZweb functions - still to do
- Write guide for subscription services (TangoTown, LastTrain search, etc) - still to do